The summer travel season is coming, so I’ve prepared a few podcasts to help you have a great vacation in the USA. For today’s English lesson, let’s look at Tipping in America.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
You can leave or pay a tip
- I’m going to leave a nice tip for the waiter. He was great.
- Do you want me to leave the tip?
- We don’t need to pay a tip because it is included in the check.
- Jack is cheap. He never pays a big tip.
Tip is also used as a verb
- I tipped the taxi driver five dollars.
- You don’t need to tip a teacher or a store clerk.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!