Pronouncing B & V can be confusing for a lot of English learners, so for today’s English lesson, let’s look at how to pronounce these sounds.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
Here are some words that begin with the B sound:
- Ban – bat – bent – berry – best – boat
Here are some sentences to help you practice the B sound
- Bob’s boat got bent by the bat.
- Benny like blueberries but not blackberries.
- Bart’s bought the best bread at Betty’s bakery.
Here are some words that begin with the V sound:
- van – vat – vent – very – vest – vote
Here are some sentences to help you practice the V sound
- Vic voted for Vinny.
- Vivian drove her van on the curve.
- Vincent put violets in a vase on the veranda.
B-V Minimal pairs:
- ban – van
- bat – vat
- bent – vent
- berry – very
- best – vest
- boat – vote
Finally, here are some sentences to help you practice the B & V sound
- Bill vacuumed Bob’s veranda.
- Vic bent very big violet bars.
- Ben viewed Brad’s very big and vital boat.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
All of my Podcast English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!