Pronouncing B & V can be confusing for a lot of English learners, so for today’s English lesson, let’s look at how to pronounce these sounds.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
Here are some words that begin with the B sound:
- Ban – bat – bent – berry – best – boat
Here are some sentences to help you practice the B sound
- Bob’s boat got bent by the bat.
- Benny like blueberries but not blackberries.
- Bart’s bought the best bread at Betty’s bakery.
Here are some words that begin with the V sound:
- van – vat – vent – very – vest – vote
Here are some sentences to help you practice the V sound
- Vic voted for Vinny.
- Vivian drove her van on the curve.
- Vincent put violets in a vase on the veranda.
B-V Minimal pairs:
- ban – van
- bat – vat
- bent – vent
- berry – very
- best – vest
- boat – vote
Finally, here are some sentences to help you practice the B & V sound
- Bill vacuumed Bob’s veranda.
- Vic bent very big violet bars.
- Ben viewed Brad’s very big and vital boat.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!