A lot of English learners have trouble talking about their experience doing something. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the different ways in English we can talk about this topic.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- This is my first time to come to Boston.
- It is my second time to eat at this restaurant.
- This is Jenny’s first time to take a subway in NY.
- This is my first time coming to Boston.
- It is my second time eating at this restaurant.
- This is Jenny’s first time taking a subway in NY.
- This will be my first time to go to Boston.
- It was my second time to eat at this restaurant.
- This will be Jenny’s first time to take a subway in NY.
- This is the first time I came to Boston.
- It was the second time we ate at this restaurant.
- This is the first time taking Jenny is taking a subway in NY.
- I am going to Boston next month for the first time.
- We are eating at this restaurant for the first time.
- Jenny is taking a subway in NY for the first time.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!