Look and seem can sometimes be used in a similar way, but sometimes they can’t. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at the difference between seeing and look.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Hey Tommy, you seem a little sluggish today.
Eddie is a system engineer. That seems like a difficult job to me.
- I saw my friend Eddie today. He looked tired.
- This place seems nice!
- This place looks nice!
- Those cakes look delicious!
- He seems like a nice guy.
- He looks like a nice guy.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!