For today’s English lesson, let’s spend a little time talking about wet weather, rain, and some rain idioms.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- The rain is very heavy today. I think I’ll stay home.
- A strong roof will prevent rain from coming in the house.
- The rain came in the room because Joe left the window open.
- It is raining heavily today. I think I’ll stay home.
- Does it rain often where you live?
- It looks like it is going to rain, so please close the window.
- It is a rainy day today. I think I’ll stay home.
- Do you have a rainy season where you live?
- It is going to be rainy today, so please close the window.
- It’s pouring!
- I’m sorry to rain on your parade, but you can’t smoke here in this restaurant.
- I hate to rain on your parade, but the bar is closing in 10 minutes.
- Today’s baseball game was rained out.
- I’m looking forward to playing golf. I hope our plans don’t get rained out.
- The picnic was rained out and rescheduled for next weekend.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!