For today’s English lesson, let’s spend a little time talking about wet weather, rain, and some rain idioms.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- The rain is very heavy today. I think I’ll stay home.
- A strong roof will prevent rain from coming in the house.
- The rain came in the room because Joe left the window open.
- It is raining heavily today. I think I’ll stay home.
- Does it rain often where you live?
- It looks like it is going to rain, so please close the window.
- It is a rainy day today. I think I’ll stay home.
- Do you have a rainy season where you live?
- It is going to be rainy today, so please close the window.
- It’s pouring!
- I’m sorry to rain on your parade, but you can’t smoke here in this restaurant.
- I hate to rain on your parade, but the bar is closing in 10 minutes.
- Today’s baseball game was rained out.
- I’m looking forward to playing golf. I hope our plans don’t get rained out.
- The picnic was rained out and rescheduled for next weekend.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!