Over! Let’s learn 6 slang expressions and idioms that use “over.”
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- I am so over this cold weather.
- I am so over the boss and his long, boring speeches.
- I got over my cold in a few days.
- Jane said she finally got over her ex-husband.
- Chris really flips over Lady Gaga.
- I’ve never seen anyone flip over pizza the way you do. Enjoy!
- The boss flipped out over the sales results from last month.
- Mom flipped out over my bad report card.
- I submitted my essay to the teacher, but because there were many errors, she told me to do it over.
- I had to do my report over several times before the boss would accept it.
- Jack said his boss screwed him over. He was supposed to get a big bonus, but the boss made some excuses and in the end, he didn’t get it.
- The car dealer tried to screw me over and sell me a car that was hit in an accident and then repaired.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!