Spring! Spring is a season, but also a mechanical device, like the spring in your bed or a pen. For today’s English lesson, let’s check out some idioms with the word spring!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- The audience sprang to its feet and clapped loudly when the soprano finished.
- The party sprang to life after midnight.
- The taxpayers’ anger springs from policies that were made by the president.
- My boss offered to spring for lunch.
- They secretly got married and sprung the news on the family last night.
- The basketball player sprang back quickly after his injury.
- I don’t go to dance clubs anymore because I’m no spring chicken.
- The students have spring fever and seemed to be daydreaming in the classroom.
- Every morning, I jump out of bed and spring into action.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!