In episode 249 we look at a few ways to use more with nouns. For today’s English lesson I’d like to show you four other patterns that we use with more.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
How to use more with numbers
- I need about two more hours to complete the report.
- Jack said he needed to have one more statistic about the project.
- I drank three more glasses of water after dinner.
How to use more with nouns
- I don’t have any more time in my schedule this week.
- Do you have any more information about Jack’s project?
- I’m full. I can’t eat any more pizza.
How to use more without a noun
- Can you give Jack some information about the presentation? He said he needed more.
- I’ve had too much coffee this morning. I can’t drink any more.
How to use more than
- New York has more taxis than Miami.
- Jack said he has more work than his boss.
- Do you have more time tomorrow than today?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!