The preposition up in English normally shows us a direction, like up the mountain or up in the sky. There are some other, maybe unusual uses of the word up. For today’s English lesson, I am going to show you eight different ways we use up.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Are you still up?
- I’ve been up since 6:00am. I’m tired.
- Jim: Is the TV up? I can’t really hear it.
- Jenny: It’s up, but I think there is something wrong with the speakers.
- Wow! The boss is really up today.
- I’m not really feeling up today. I think I’ll go home early.
- I just finished my presentation. Now, you’re up.
- I’m up in ten minutes. I’m so nervous!
- I’m going to up to Bob’s house after dinner.
- Let’s go up to Central Park today.
- Time’s up. Put your pencils down and close the test booklet.
- The contract for my cell phone is up in January. I’m going to upgrade my phone then.
- Are you up for having coffee after class?
- Jack! Are you up for a drink after work?
- Hey Jack! What are you up to?
- Hi Jenny. Long time no see! What are you up to?
- What are you up to tomorrow night?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!