The negative form of be and do is tricky for a lot of students. For example, “I am not” and “I do not.” For today’s English grammar lesson, let’s look at these two negative, simple present grammar patterns.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- I am not Jack, I’m Michael.
- Bob is not the manager.
- That is not our train. We need to take a local train, that one is express.
- This soup is not hot.
- It is not very warm today, is it?
- I am not happy with the progress we are making with this project.
- I do not eat pizza every day.
- Jenny does not live in New York any more.
- We do not want to work on the weekend.
- It does not work without batteries.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!