When we use the word but after nothing and anything, there is a special meaning for each collocation. For today’s English lesson, I’m going to show you how to use these useful phrases in English.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Jack’s son is nothing but trouble.
- We had nothing but problems on our vacation.
- I have nothing but good things to say about my new job.
- His story was anything but true.
- Jack was anything but on time for work.
- I was anything but happy to hear that news from her.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!