The verb miss in English has a number of different uses and meanings. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the most common ways we use miss.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- The arrow missed the bull’s-eye.
- Jack missed the trashcan when he threw the ball of paper.
- The basketball star hardly ever misses a basket.
- The outfielder ran for the ball, but missed it.
- The golf pro missed two putts in a row.
- In baseball, if you swing and miss the ball, it’s called a strike.
- Jenny missed a week of school because she caught the flu.
- If you miss too much work, the boss will probably fire you.
- I missed dance lessons this week because I had to work overtime.
- There was a lot of noise in the station, so I missed the announcement.
- I want to pay careful attention at the presentation. I don’t want to miss what they say.
- I got a phone call during the award show, and I missed everything Johnny Depp said.
- I just missed seeing Tom. He left the office a few minutes before I arrived.
- I was late getting to the station so I missed my train.
- If we don’t hurry, we’ll miss seeing the beginning of the concert.
- I missed all of the traffic going to the mall by taking the back streets.
- I tried to miss going to dinner with the boss, but he saw me trying to leave the office.
- Jack said he missed the crowds at Disney World by going in mid-January.
- I missed the last three questions in the exam because I ran out of time.
- The marketing team missed several photos I sent them for the brochure.
- Looks like you missed a few spots on the dish when you washed it.
- Jack said he misses his family back in London.
- I miss you so much! I can’t wait to see you again next week.
- You’ll be gone for three weeks. I’m going to miss you.
- When I lived overseas, I really missed NYC.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!