Find out and Figure out. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the difference between find out and figure out. These two phrasal verbs in English are similar, but have different meanings and uses.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
How to use Find Out
- I found out that my grandfather was a barber.
- Jane found out her husband was cheating on her when she found the evidence in his jacket pocket.
- We found out the boss was going to quit at the staff meeting on Monday.
How to use Figure Out
- After working on my PC for a few hours, I finally figured out why it wasn’t working.
- My mom can figure out a crossword puzzle very quickly.
- The police figured out how the robber was able to bypass the bank’s security.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!