Learn the meaning and usage of bummed, 24/7, get out of here, burns me up, back to square one & that stinks. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look these idioms and slang expressions you can use even at the office!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
What does bummed mean:
- You look bummed. Is everything ok?
- Jack seems bummed today. I wonder what happened.
- I’m bummed. My car broke down again today.
What does 24/7 mean:
- The convenience store is open 24/7.
- I’ve been working 24/7 this week to finish the presentation.
What does get out of here mean:
- Jack: I saw Taylor Swift in Central Park this morning.
- Jen: Get out of here!
- Jack: Yeah, she was doing a free mini-concert. It was awesome.
- Jen: Jack, I’ve decided to quit this stupid company.
- Jack: Get out of here! You can’t leave.
- Jen: Well, I’ve already found another job!
- Jack: Oh, that stinks!
What does burns me up mean:
- The boss made me redo my presentation. It really burns me up.
- Inconsiderate drivers really burn me up.
- Having to wake up early on Saturday so I can pick the CEO up at the airport really burns me up.
What does back to square one mean:
- The boss didn’t like my presentation, so now I am back to square one.
- I just assembled this desk, but I am missing a part. I need to go back to square one.
What does that stinks mean:
- Joe didn’t get the promotion? That stinks.
- The restaurant ran out of my favorite dish! That stinks.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!