Turn is an interesting verb because it can be used in a number of phrasal verbs. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at nine of them.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Jack saw a motel, but they were full and so they turned him away.
- Even though we had a reservation, the restaurant turned us away. I’m never going back there again.
- When Jack found out they didn’t have a room, he turned away from the clerk in shock.
- Tommy turned away from Gina when she didn’t accept his flowers.
- The company turned Bob down when he applied for the sales job.
- We turned down a good number of applicants before we found the right marketing person.
- Jack had to turn back to the highway.
- You can’t turn back the hands of time.
- He turned on the radio in his car.
- I turned on the heater as soon as I woke up.
- Jack pulled in to the parking lot and turned off the car.
- I always turn off the light when I leave my office.
- Emi turned up the radio when she heard her favorite song.
- We can’t turn up the music because I don’t want to bother our neighbors.
- He turned down the radio.
- I asked them to turn down their TV because I want to study.
- It’s time to turn in for the night.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!