Drop is an interesting verb because it is used with a lot of different phrasal verbs and some idioms. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how we can use drop.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
Phrasal Verb Drop by:
- I’m going to drop by Joe’s house after work.
- Bill said he will drop by on his way to the airport.
- If you have some free time tomorrow, why don’t you drop by?
Phrasal Verb Drop out:
- Even though he dropped out of high school, Billy Joel became a very famous singer.
- Tommy was thinking about dropping out of college but I convinced him to stay in school.
- If you drop out now it’s going to be difficult to find a good job.
Phrasal Verb Drop off:
- Can you drop me off at the next corner?
- I need to drop off my shirts at the dry cleaners.
- Judy drops the kids off at school on her way to work.
The idiom, Drop everything:
- I was working on the project but I had to drop everything when the manager called.
- I know you need help but I can’t drop everything and come to your house right now.
The idiom, At the drop of a hat:
- If someone offered me a trip to Hawaii I would go at the drop of a hat.
- I think Jenny is the perfect woman. I would marry her at the drop of a hat.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!