In English, we have certain expressions with numbers that are used as nouns and some that are used as adjectives. These are also known as compound adjectives. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how to use them.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- The restaurant is open 24 hours.
- It is a 24-hour restaurant.
- The diner is open 24 hours a day.
- Jack works 6 days a week.
- Jane’s new work contract is for 10 weeks.
- A diner is a 24-hour restaurant.
- Most people in the USA have a 5-day work week.
- Jane got a 10-week work contract.
- A five day work week is spelled five-hyphen-day.
- Most people in the USA have a 5-day work week, not a 5 days work week.
- Asaka has a 10 month old daughter, not a ten months old daughter.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!