Preoccupy, worry, and think can be confusing for a lot of English learners, so for today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use these three words in everyday English.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Don’t worry mom. I can get there by myself.v
- I am worried about Jack. He is never late for work.
- Maria is worried about her son. He is in the army and is getting ready to go overseas.
- Jane says she thinks about her family all the time.
- I think about my family living overseas.
- I am thinking about what to have for dinner tonight.
Using be preoccupied
- I have been preoccupied with work recently.
- Sam is preoccupied with her book. It’s the first one she’s written.
- I was preoccupied with playing with the baby, so I didn’t realize it was 5:00. Time flies!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!