We use both spend and take to talk about using time, but the way we use these words is different. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use spend and take.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Jenny spent an hour waiting to take the chair lift.
- Jack spent two hours in traffic going to work.
- Cathy said she spends about three hours when she makes homemade bread.
- It took an hour to take the chair lift up to the top of the mountain.
- It took two hours in traffic for Jack to get to work.
- Cathy said it takes about three hours to make homemade bread.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!