We use both at and in to talk about location. Even though in a general sense we use at and in with the same meaning, there are times when these prepositions are used differently. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at using at and in to talk about location.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Jack is at his office.
- Jack is in his office.
- Jack is at his desk.
- I waited at the bus stop for twenty minutes.
- Grandma is knitting at the window.
- The teacher is at the whiteboard.
- I stopped off at the coffee shop on the way to my office.
- When I went from NYC to Sao Paolo, I stopped at Miami to change planes.
- I bought this shirt on sale at the department store.
- Jack had a coffee at a nice café on Madison Ave.
- Lets study at the library after class.
- I was in the department store yesterday.
- Jack is in a café on Madison Ave.
- We have been in the library for three hours. Let’s go home.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
All of my Podcast English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!