Some and Any are both determiners which are used to talk about an indefinite quantity. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how we can use some and any in everyday English.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- I have some old records in my garage.
- There are some peaches in the fridge. Why don’t you try one?
- I heard some interesting news from Jack this morning.
- Would you like some coffee?
- Can you get me some cake from the kitchen?
- Can you help me with some of this work?
- I don’t have any need for a new computer. I like the one I have now.
- Bob couldn’t find any records in his attic.
- Do you have any records in your house?
- I can listen to almost any kind of music.
- Jack said he can meet us anywhere so let’s just pick a place.
- I think any of the books on that table would be good for improving your English.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!