Take is an interesting verb because it is used in a variety of phrasal verbs. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at seven phrasal verbs that used take.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- When I get home, I take off my shoes and relax.
- Please take off your hat at the dinner table. It’s not polite.
- I am going to take apart the computer and replace the hard drive and the memory.
- I had to take apart my desk to move it out of my office.
- Please take out a pencil and an eraser. We will begin the exam in five minutes.
- I took my keys out of my pocket but I can’t remember where I put them.
- I bought a sweater, but I took it back and because it didn’t fit well.
- I need to take back my books to the library would you like to come with me?
- Every Friday night we take out Chinese food or pizza.
- I don’t feel like cooking tonight so why don’t we take out Indian food.
- Her plane takes off at 7am, so she needs to be at the airport by 5:00.
- Let’s have dinner at the restaurant near the airport and watch the planes taking off.
- My sister takes after my mom.
- I just met Jack’s grandfather. Jack really takes after him.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!