Take is an interesting verb because it is used in a variety of phrasal verbs. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at seven phrasal verbs that used take.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- When I get home, I take off my shoes and relax.
- Please take off your hat at the dinner table. It’s not polite.
- I am going to take apart the computer and replace the hard drive and the memory.
- I had to take apart my desk to move it out of my office.
- Please take out a pencil and an eraser. We will begin the exam in five minutes.
- I took my keys out of my pocket but I can’t remember where I put them.
- I bought a sweater, but I took it back and because it didn’t fit well.
- I need to take back my books to the library would you like to come with me?
- Every Friday night we take out Chinese food or pizza.
- I don’t feel like cooking tonight so why don’t we take out Indian food.
- Her plane takes off at 7am, so she needs to be at the airport by 5:00.
- Let’s have dinner at the restaurant near the airport and watch the planes taking off.
- My sister takes after my mom.
- I just met Jack’s grandfather. Jack really takes after him.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!