There are a number of ways that we can use the preposition as. For today’s English lesson, I’m going to show you six different ways to use as.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- As many as ten thousand people gathered in the park for the free concert.
- I think Jack has as many as five thousand comic books in his collection.
- As many as two hundred gallons of oil were spilled on the road.
- Jack slipped on the ice as he was coming to the office today.
- As we get older, we get wiser.
- The children can do as they want when their parents are not home.
- He dressed as a policeman for Halloween.
- I worked as an English teacher in Japan for four years.
- I went as quickly as possible.
- As usual, Jack came to the office late.
- As before, we will visit our customers while we are on vacation in Paris.
- As I was tired, I stayed home last night and went to bed early.
- Joe makes all of the final decisions as he is the owner of the company.
- As it was getting late, we decided to stop working.
- Steve works as an EFL teacher in Dubai.
- In my previous company, we all worked as a family.
- As the manager, you will be responsible for ordering office supplies.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!