We use both pay and buy to talk about using money, but the way we use them is different. For today’s English lesson, let’s check out the difference between pay and buy.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- I want to buy a new car.
- Jack said he’s going to buy a house next year.
- If you want to buy a new cell phone, you’ll probably need to sign a contract for the service.
- Vincent said he bought a few new ties in Macy’s.
- They said that I need to pay $10,000 for that new car.
- Jack said he can afford to pay $300,000 for a house.
- You can pay for a new cell phone with cash or a credit card.
- Vincent said he paid very little for new ties in Macy’s.
- I bought a cup of coffee this morning. The focus of the sentence is on the coffee.
- I paid $4 for a cup of coffee this morning. The focus of the sentence is the $4 paid.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
All of my Podcast English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!