Unlike many verbs, suggest and recommend are not followed by an object plus the infinitive. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use suggest and recommend in daily conversation.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- If you like pizza, I suggest Lombardi’s on Spring Street.
- The man in the bookstore suggested this text book.
- Many doctors recommend Advil for headaches.
- Can you recommend a nice French restaurant?
- If you like pizza, I suggest eating at Lombardi’s on Spring Street.
- The personal trainer suggested using the treadmill for cardio training.
- Many doctors recommend taking Advil for headaches.
- Jack’s wife recommended drinking tea.
- The doctor suggested that Jack stop drinking coffee.
- The man in the bookstore suggested that I buy this text book.
- Her doctor recommend that she take Advil for headaches.
- The teacher recommended that we study this list of vocabulary for the exam.
- She suggested that I go to that store.
- I suggested that she go to that store.
- Jack recommended that he go to that store.
- The sofa? The decorator recommended that it go in front of the window.
- The doctor suggested Jack stop drinking coffee.
- The teacher recommended we study this list of vocabulary for the exam.
- Jack recommended he go to that store.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!