For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at some superstitions that we have in the US, and the grammar that we can use to talk about them. Some grammar books call this the first conditional.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
Conditional Sentence Examples
- If the temperature falls below 0°C, the water in the lake will freeze.
- If it rains tomorrow, I will bring my umbrella.
- If you come to work late, the boss will be angry.
- I will bring my umbrella if it rains tomorrow.
Superstitions in the USA
- If you break a mirror, you will have seven years of bad luck.
- If you open an umbrella in the house, you’ll have bad luck.
- You will have bad luck if you walk under a ladder.
- You will have bad luck if a black cat crosses your path.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!