For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at some superstitions that we have in the US, and the grammar that we can use to talk about them. Some grammar books call this the first conditional. The grammar pattern for the first conditional is IF, followed by a present verb, followed by a future verb.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
Conditional Sentence Examples
- If the temperature falls below 0°C, the water in the lake will freeze.
- If it rains tomorrow, I will bring my umbrella.
- If you come to work late, the boss will be angry.
- I will bring my umbrella if it rains tomorrow.
Superstitions in the USA
- If you break a mirror, you will have seven years of bad luck.
- If you open an umbrella in the house, you’ll have bad luck.
- You will have bad luck if you walk under a ladder.
- You will have bad luck if a black cat crosses your path.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!