For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at a few ways to use more with nouns and verbs.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
Using more plus a noun:
- I have more time tomorrow than today.
- Jack has more books than I do.
- Jenny ate more pizza than anyone else at the party.
Using more of + noun:
- I saw more of Greg before he got his new job.
- We visited more of San Francisco on our second trip there.
- Let’s have lunch tomorrow. I’d like to hear more of that story.
Using more after a verb:
- I should study English more…Not, I should more study English.
- I need to practice golf more.
- Jack wants to sing more, so let’s stay at the Karaoke bar until 12:00.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!