I’m sure a lot of Happy English Podcast listeners know how to use very, but there are a few other words that you can use in your everyday English that function just like very. For today’s English lesson, I’m going to show you how to use the adverbs fairly, rather, quite, and pretty in your English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Jack plays golf fairly well, considering he just started playing last year.
- Jenny’s French is fairly good. I’m sure she’ll have no trouble during her business trip to Paris.
- I was quite tired last night so I went straight to bed.
- Akira knows football quite well, so if you want to know the rules, just ask him.
- I quite like spending time with Jenny. She’s a very interesting person.
- It’s quite a shame that they only stayed in NYC for four nights. That’s not a lot of time to see everything.
- That musical was rather boring. I wouldn’t see it if I were you.
- The food in that restaurant was good, but it was rather expensive.
- I rather like going to classical concerts.
- Not seeing Jane when she came to NYC was rather a disappointment.
- That musical was pretty boring. I wouldn’t see it if I were you.
- The food in that restaurant was good, but it was pretty expensive.
- The view from the top of that building is pretty nice.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!