Should you feel bad or feel badly? Should we say “Jack is poor” or “Poor Jack?” Let’s find out how to use these expressions in English.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- I feel bad for Jack because his girlfriend left him.
- Ted got laid off from his job. I feel bad for him.
- There was a terrible storm and many people lost their homes. I feel bad for them.
- I feel bad for missing your birthday party.
- She said she feels bad for leaving him, but she doesn’t love him anymore.
- I feel bad for breaking your nice pen. I’ll buy you a new one.
- Oh no! I missed your birthday. I feel so bad.
- I feel bad because I crashed my car into my sister’s car.
- I’m sorry for what I said. I feel bad about that.
- Poor Jack. His girlfriend left him.
- Poor Ted. I heard he got laid off.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!