Line is the American English version of the British word “queue.” For today’s English lesson, let’s look at how to use line in everyday English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- I was lucky because we got to the front of the line.
- Bob said he is standing in the middle of the line and it just started moving.
- The teacher told the misbehaving child to go to the end of the line.
- Even though I got there an hour early, a lot of people were on line.
- I was in line at the bank for twenty minutes this morning.
- Excuse me, are you on line?
- Even though I got there an hour early, a lot of people were waiting on line.
- I was waiting in line at the bank for twenty minutes this morning.
- Excuse me, are you waiting on line?
- I got on line and started talking to the guy standing in front of me.
- If you want to renew your driver’s license, please get in line at Window 4.
- There is no shortcut to enter the theater. You just need to get on line.
- I heard people started lining up at noon!
- The teacher told the children to line up next to the classroom door.
- All first class passengers may now line up at Gate 5.
- I think it is rude to cut the line.
- I hate it when people cut the line of the escalator at the train station.
- If you cut the line you will be sent to the back of the line.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!