The adverb too is used to talk about situations where there is more (or sometimes less) of something than what we want or need. If you use too, it shows that you are not satisfied about that situation, so too is often used when we complain. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use the adverb too in everyday English conversation.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
Let’s compare too and very:
- It’s very cold today.
- It’s too cold today.
- I can’t go to the gym today because I’m too tired.
- Emily wanted to go there, but she said it was too far.
- I don’t like the color you used to paint this room. It’s too dark.
- The snow melted too slowly.
- The new teacher speaks too quickly.
- Traffic is moving too slowly this morning.
- I can’t go to the gym today because I’m much too tired.
- Emily wanted to go there, but she said it was much too far.
- The new teacher speaks much too quickly.
- Traffic is moving much too slowly this morning.
- There were too many snow storms last winter.
- Nicole said she has too many bills to pay this month.
- There is too much time between now and the warm days of spring in New York.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!