The conjunctions until & unless can both be used to refer to actions or situations that happen in the future, but they are used differently. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how we can use these words in everyday English.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I waited until 6:30, but Jane didn’t come. So I left the coffee shop.
- I think I will wait until the next iPhone comes out.
- I have to work until 9 tonight.
- I don’t want to buy a new phone unless it has long battery life.
- I won’t go to the party unless you come with me.
- I can’t take a vacation unless I have enough money.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!