Arrive is an interesting verb in English because it can be used with a number of different prepositions. For today’s English podcast lesson, let’s have a look at five prepositions that we can use with arrive!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
Using arrive in
- Jack arrived in New York in 2005.
- We arrived in Turkey last Friday.
Using arrive at
- I arrived at the park early and took a nice walk.
- I arrived at my office at 8:30 this morning.
- We need to arrive at the party by 6:00.
Using arrive with
- She arrived with her two kids.
- I arrived with my laptop.
Using arrive by
- She arrived by taxi last night.
- I arrived by plane, but I am going back home by train.
Using arrive for
- We arrived for the free lunch, and it was worth the trip.
- We arrived for the wedding ceremony with plenty of time to spare.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
MY NEW BOOK FOR ESL TEACHERS
ESL Games for the Classroom:
101 Interactive Activities to Engage Your Students with Minimal Prep
Motivate your students to learn English with quick set-up, interactive activities from ESL Games for the Classroom. Every moment of class time counts. To fill class time productively, ESL Games for the Classroom offers effective ESL games that engage students with little or no prep work. Now On Sale!