Arrive is an interesting verb in English because it can be used with a number of different prepositions. For today’s English podcast lesson, let’s have a look at five prepositions that we can use with arrive!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
Using arrive in
- Jack arrived in New York in 2005.
- We arrived in Turkey last Friday.
Using arrive at
- I arrived at the park early and took a nice walk.
- I arrived at my office at 8:30 this morning.
- We need to arrive at the party by 6:00.
Using arrive with
- She arrived with her two kids.
- I arrived with my laptop.
Using arrive by
- She arrived by taxi last night.
- I arrived by plane, but I am going back home by train.
Using arrive for
- We arrived for the free lunch, and it was worth the trip.
- We arrived for the wedding ceremony with plenty of time to spare.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
MY NEW BOOK FOR ENGLISH LEARNERS
Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You
Yes, your grammar book probably taught you the difference between during and while, but it probably didn’t teach you how we actually use those words in everyday English. This book does!
You’ll also learn how to really use phrases such as:
- By Friday and Until Friday
- In the end and At the end
- I’m bored and I’m boring
- Even if and Even though
- Just and Only
- Much and Many
- Stop doing it and Stop to do it…and so much more!
You’ll also learn how to use causatives, conditionals, frequency adverbs, modal verbs, articles, and prepositions.
It’s …Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You