Would is a very versatile modal verb because it has a number of different uses. For today’s English podcast lesson, let’s have a look at five ways to use would!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I asked her many times, but she wouldn’t help me.
- The car wouldn’t start last night because the battery was dead.
- Why didn’t I go inside? Because the door wouldn’t open.
- Would you like more coffee?
- Would you like my help?
- Would you like to come to the party?
- It would be nice to see you when you visit New York.
- It would be great to be able to use the rooftop lounge for my party.
- It would be a shame if we weren’t able to get a ticket for that concert.
- When I was a kid, my grandfather would tell us funny stories.
- I remember that guy. He would sit at his desk all day and look out the window.
- He would sit for hours doing nothing.
- You would eat the last cookie. Why didn’t you save it for me?
Jack said you look fat? Yeah, he would say something like that. He’s not a nice guy.
He would show up late. He is so inconsiderate.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!