Shopping is a favorite activity of a lot of people. Do you like shopping? For today’s English lesson, I’m going to show you some essential shopping vocabulary and grammar that you can use in English conversation to talk about shopping.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
Use “I go shopping” but not, “I go to shopping”
- Macy’s is having a sale today.
- There is a sale at the Gap today.
- I bought this sweater on sale.
- Everything is on sale on Black Friday.
- This sweater was 50% off today.
- I bought these shoes for 30% off!
- The clerk in Macy’s was very helpful.
- The cashiers in the drug store are not so nice.
- I want to return this sweater. It is too big.
- Can I return this if my husband doesn’t like it?
- I exchanged my sweater for a larger size.
- Excuse me! Can I exchange this for a blue one?
- I would like to return this sweater. Is it possible to get a refund?
- This is a final sale, so we cannot refund your money.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!