Seem & sound are both used to talk about what our impression of something, but the way we use these words is different. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we use seem & sound in everyday English.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- That sounds nice.
- That seems nice.
- It seems cold outside.
- My dog seems comfortable sleeping on the sofa.
- You seemed tired today. Are you okay?
- This movie seems to be interesting. Let’s go see it.
- Everyone seems to enjoy this podcast.
- Jack seems to know everything about computers. You should ask him for help.
- It seems that Jack had some trouble at the conference. I want to talk to him when he gets back.
- It seems if we don’t make a decision now we might lose this opportunity.
- It seems like all of the students are interested in the lesson.
- A one-week vacation in Hawaii. That sounds great.
- You have homemade bread? That sounds delicious.
- Jack’s family is going to Disneyland. That sounds fun. I’d like to go there someday.
- That was a tough meeting today. It sounds like the boss isn’t happy.
- Bob said he needs to replace all the computers in the office. That sounds like a lot of work.
- I hear some loud talking. It sounds like Jack is arguing with someone.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!