Take lunch & have lunch. A lot of people get confused with these two verbs. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at when we use take and when we use have to talk about meal.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I had a slice of pizza for lunch yesterday.
- Some of the guys had a beer after work last night.
- What time do you usually have lunch?
- I usually take lunch at 1 o’clock.
- I had lunch at 1 o’clock.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!