The words except & without are similar, but the way we use them is different. For today’s English lesson, I’m going to show you how we use except & without in daily English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I like to drink coffee without milk.
- Without Jack, we can’t start the meeting.
- Can you read that book without a dictionary?
- Jack can’t make any important decisions without consulting his wife.
- I won’t start eating without washing my hands.
- Jenny left the office without saying anything. I wonder why.
- Except for Jack, everyone in the office plays golf.
- I like all kinds of fruit except for kiwi.
- We played golf without Jack.
- Everyone played golf except Jack.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!