We use the phrase the rest in English to mean the remaining portion of something. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how to use the rest in everyday English conversation and writing. I’m also going to show you the phrase the rest is history.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I visited some customers in the morning, and I spent the rest of the day working in the office.
- I’m full. I think I’ll eat the rest of this sandwich tomorrow.
- I watched part of that TV show last night, so I want to see the rest of it tonight.
- I watched part of that TV show last night, so I want to see the rest tonight.
- That sandwich was too big, so I ate half at the diner and took the rest home.
- Only one of these books is mine. The rest are Jacks.
- Bob and his girlfriend were always fighting because he started drinking. One day she met another guy and the rest is history.
- How did Jack get into a car accident? Well, he was talking on the phone while driving and the rest is history.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!