Take is an interesting word in English because it has a lot of different uses. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how to use take to talk about time in everyday English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- The flight from New York to Tokyo takes 13 hours.
- It takes about three hours to make homemade bread.
- Learning a language takes a lot of time.
- It takes Jack an hour to get to work.
- It took me thirty minutes to wash the dinner dishes.v
- It took us a few weeks to settle into our new office.
- Jen: How long does it take to get from NYC to Miami?
- Jack: It takes about three hours by plane.
- Jen: How long does it take you to bake homemade bread?
- Jack: It takes me about 4 hours.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!