Take is an interesting word in English because it has a lot of different uses. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how to use take to talk about time in everyday English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- The flight from New York to Tokyo takes 13 hours.
- It takes about three hours to make homemade bread.
- Learning a language takes a lot of time.
- It takes Jack an hour to get to work.
- It took me thirty minutes to wash the dinner dishes.v
- It took us a few weeks to settle into our new office.
- Jen: How long does it take to get from NYC to Miami?
- Jack: It takes about three hours by plane.
- Jen: How long does it take you to bake homemade bread?
- Jack: It takes me about 4 hours.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!