We use both cost and spend to talk about using money & time. However, the way we use these words is different. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how we can use cost and spend in everyday English conversation.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- At the beach, a hot dog costs around five dollars.
- An iPad costs less in New York than it does in Tokyo.
- I usually compare the cost of something in different stores before I buy it.
- That restaurant is really nice, but the cost is high.
- I missed my flight, so it cost me a whole day.
- The traffic jam cost me an extra half an hour this morning.
That meeting cost me three hours. Now I need to work overtime.
- Bob spent a lot of money on that watch.
I spend three hundred dollars a month on groceries.
- I can easily spend the whole day at the beach.
I spent an hour in traffic this morning.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!