Come & go both show movement, but how we use these words is different. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how to use come & go in everyday English conversation & writing!
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I came to my office early today. (I am in the office now.)
- What time did you come to the mall? (I am in the mall now.)
- Aki came to New York in 2009. (I am in New York as I say this.)
- I go to my office at 9:00 every morning.
- Lori went to the mall about an hour ago.
- I went to Brazil in 2009.
- I went to the bank and the post office. Then I came to the office. (I am in the office
- I went to the bank and the post office. Then I came home. (I am home now.)
- Vincent lives in France. He is planning a trip to visit two countries. He will go to Italy first, and then he will go to Germany. After touring Germany, he will go back
- I live in New York. Vincent lives in France. He is planning a trip to visit two countries. He will go to Italy first, and then he will come to New York. After touring
New York, he will go back to France.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!