The prepositions by & with are both used to talk about how something is done, but the way we use them is a little different. For today’s English lesson let’s have look at how we use these two words in English conversation & writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I bake the bread by using an old coal oven.
- Simon improved his English by listening to the radio.
- Akira caught the mouse by setting a trap.
- You can make bread with any kind of flour.
- When you cut it with a knife, the aroma fills the air.
- Brad caught the mouse with a trap.
- We see with our eyes.
- Jack studied vocabulary by using a dictionary.
- Jack studied vocabulary with a dictionary.
Using “by hand”
- I have made bread by hand before.
- Those candles are made by hand.
- The power was knocked out by the hurricane.
- The fire was reported by the building manager.
- The bread was made with wheat flour and water.
- Jack’s car was washed with a brush.
- The wall was painted with a lovely light green paint.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!