We use while & as to talk about time, but the way we use them is different. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the difference between while & as and see how you can use them in your English conversation.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- As I stood up, I began to feel dizzy.
- As I opened the window, the air conditioner fell out.
- As I turned around to ask them to be quite, the man next to them scolded them.
- Just as he finished his speech, everyone stood and applauded loudly.
- Let’s all say “Happy Birthday” just as she walks in the room.
- Just as we pulled out of the drive way, I realized I had left my wallet on the kitchen table.
- While I was working, the phone rang many times. “During the time I was working….”
- While having dinner, I generally don’t watch TV.
- While I was traveling to the office, I decided to take a nap on the train.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!