Do you feel nostalgic sometimes? Do people or things sometimes make you think about think about the past? For today’s English lesson, let’s look at three ways you can express these situations in English.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
~ reminds me of ~
- This pasta reminds me of the pasta my grandmother used to make.
- That song reminds me of my high school days.
- The new salesman in my company reminds me of my cousin Joe.
- Seeing the ocean from the hotel window reminds me of how much I love the sea.
~ takes me back to~
- This pasta takes me back to my grandmother’s house when I was a child.
- That song takes me back to the time I was in high school.
- Jack said seeing that movie takes him back to when he first got married.
- Seeing the ocean from the hotel window takes me back to my childhood. I used to always go to the beach with my grandfather.
~ is a blast from the past
- Seeing my old high school friends at the reunion was a blast from the past.
- Visiting my childhood town was a real blast from the past.
- Listen to that song by the Beatles. That’s a blast from the past.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!