Anything, nothing, anyone & no one are four words that can be problematic for a lot of English learners. For today’s English lesson, let’s check out how we use these four in everyday English.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
How to use anything:
- I didn’t eat anything for breakfast.
- We thought it was strange that Tom didn’t say anything to his boss.
- Did Cathy find anything on sale at the store?
How to use nothing:
- I ate nothing for breakfast.
- We thought it was strange that Tom said nothing to his boss.
- Cathy said she found nothing on sale at the store.
How to use anyone:
- I didn’t see anyone in the meeting room at 3:00.
- I couldn’t find anyone to take care of my dog when I go on vacation.
- Does Cathy know anyone who still uses CDs?
How to use no one:
- I saw no one in the meeting room at 3:00.
- I found no one to take care of my dog when I go on vacation.
- Cathy said she knows no one who still uses CDs.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!