ANOTHER and OTHER can be a little tricky to use. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the difference between ANOTHER and OTHER and how to use them in English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- That was delicious can I have another cookie?
- I just had a cup of coffee but I would like another cup.
- This was a productive meeting but I think we should have another one tomorrow.
- I have an appointment at two can we meet at another time.
- This sweater is too tight. Can I try another size.
- I heard Johnny’s wife left him for another man.
- I like bebop, but I know there are other kinds of jazz.
- There are other things to drink besides coffee.
- Do you think I look like Johnny Depp? Other people have told me that too!
- I had a cup of coffee, so I would like some other drink.
- The pizza shop was closed on Sunday, so I went to the other one in town.
Yesterday’s listening challenge answer:
- Jenny went to the zoo and saw some gorillas there..
Today’s listening challenge:
- Where does Jack invite Jenny?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!