ANOTHER and OTHER can be a little tricky to use. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the difference between ANOTHER and OTHER and how to use them in English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- That was delicious can I have another cookie?
- I just had a cup of coffee but I would like another cup.
- This was a productive meeting but I think we should have another one tomorrow.
- I have an appointment at two can we meet at another time.
- This sweater is too tight. Can I try another size.
- I heard Johnny’s wife left him for another man.
- I like bebop, but I know there are other kinds of jazz.
- There are other things to drink besides coffee.
- Do you think I look like Johnny Depp? Other people have told me that too!
- I had a cup of coffee, so I would like some other drink.
- The pizza shop was closed on Sunday, so I went to the other one in town.
Yesterday’s listening challenge answer:
- Jenny went to the zoo and saw some gorillas there..
Today’s listening challenge:
- Where does Jack invite Jenny?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!