The articles A/AN and THE can be confusing, and even tricky to use because there are also a lot of exceptions to using them. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the basic concept of using A/AN and THE in English.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I bought a pen.
- The zoo is helping an elephant.
- We are having a meeting tomorrow morning.
- I really like the pen you gave me.
- This restaurant is great and the pizza is so delicious.
- I want to watch TV have you seen the remote control?
Using A, Then THE
- This morning I saw a cute dog. The dog was white with brown spots.
Yesterday’s listening challenge answer:
- Jenny went to the zoo and saw some gorillas there..
Today’s listening challenge:
- Where did Jenny go and what did she see there?
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Do you want to learn 120 Phrasal Verbs? Get my new book. You can download it below (a pdf) or get it for your PC or mobile device or get it in paperback @ Amazon!