We use AT ON, & IN to talk about time. For today’s English lesson, let’s look at how to use these prepositions of time in English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
Using at to talk about time:
- I usually wake up at 6:15 six fifteen every morning.
- Jack said he needs to start work at 9 o’clock.
- In the summer time the birds start singing at Sunrise.
Using on to talk about time:
- Last year it snowed on my birthday.
- I think the next meeting will be on June third.
- Most people in America eat turkey on Thanksgiving.
Using in to talk about time:
- It’s very hot in New York in the summer.
- I started happy English in two thousand ten.
- There were many advances in technology in the 20th-century.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!