We use AT ON, & IN to talk about time. For today’s English lesson, let’s look at how to use these prepositions of time in English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
Using at to talk about time:
- I usually wake up at 6:15 six fifteen every morning.
- Jack said he needs to start work at 9 o’clock.
- In the summer time the birds start singing at Sunrise.
Using on to talk about time:
- Last year it snowed on my birthday.
- I think the next meeting will be on June third.
- Most people in America eat turkey on Thanksgiving.
Using in to talk about time:
- It’s very hot in New York in the summer.
- I started happy English in two thousand ten.
- There were many advances in technology in the 20th-century.
Today’s listening challenge:
- When was Michael’s first English lesson at Happy English? Describe that day.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!