Make is an interesting verb in English because it collocates with a number of different words. For today’s English lesson, let’s look at how to use these phrases with make in English conversation and writing.
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
How to use make noise:
- The kids always make noise when they play in the backyard.
- My dog happy makes noise when she’s hungry.
- My car was making a strange noise this morning I need to have it checked.
How to use make an excuse:
- She made an excuse about why she didn’t give me her homework.
- Bob always makes excuses when he comes late to work.
- Don’t try to make an excuse. I know you just forgot to call me!
How to use make the bed:
- I always make the bed after getting up in the morning.
- The staff at the hotel usually makes the bed in the morning.
- If you don’t make your bed your room will look messy.
How to use make an effort:
- I want to thank you for making an effort to fix my computer.
- Sales are increasing because the marketing team is really making an effort.
- The printing company made an effort to get the job done earlier.
How to use make progress:
- Jack made a lot of progress painting his house. He’s almost finished.
- I could make a lot more progress if the phone didn’t ring all day and interrupt me.
- Are you making progress with your project?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!